Monday, August 17, 2009

Family Meal



November 2007:
m
Doug Adesko comes by to photograph my family for his project "Family Meal".
I had just started blogging and write about it HERE.
Last week I caught up with Doug and he surprises me with a print of the image. I like it.
m
This is our life: nothing matches, no aesthetic decisions made concerning interior design. We aren't even trying to try to impress anyone. I appear to be attempting to keep it together, maybe just resigned to the whole situation. My wife had been away that weekend...so there was this added tension to the scene. In my head I know that once the photographer leaves I'm going to have to put these kids to bed myself and keep it running smoothly.
m
This was almost two years ago. Already it looks like a piece of history. I like it more.

4 comments:

bird. said...

It's sweet... just one thing: The link to Doug's site is dead.

How do we check out more Doug Adesko?

chirp.

Timothy Archibald said...

oh...sorry about that: http://www.douglasadesko.com

bird. said...

Shweet. Thanks.

chirp.

jimgolden said...

totally classic situation - this is exactly how it'd be for me if my wife were gone and I totally dread it as well...we do things like go to the airport to watch planes take of...meals and bedtime suuuck...