Friday, August 14, 2009

Bird Went Home And Wrote This Note:

Drinks were flowing after the Hetherington lecture. S.F. photographer Michael Keeney of Keeney + Law went home a little buzzed and wrote me this note:
m
Well well...
m
By now you know for sure who I am. Altho I'm pretty sure you had it figured out before.

m
It's me. Bird.

m
My wife and I were talking (she being the Law, me the Keeney), and she suggested that maybe I step out of the shadows and stop being the creepy blog lurk with the aviary name. The guy that anonymously is a smart ass every once in awhile, but who tries to contribute in a genuine manner from time to time also. So, here I am. Flapping wings-- the works. And you thought the Dodo was extinct.

m
So, what is the point of this email, you ask? Well, I guess there is no real point. I was going to finally introduce myself tonight at Hetherington's little thing, but I chickened out. I know, I know. "But you're a Dodo, not a chicken." Yeah, well, there were lots of people around, and in a weird sorta way, I guess I was shy. I'm usually not, but when it comes to all this photo stuff, I dunno. It's like my kryptonite. Maybe it's just the insecure artist thing, who knows.
m
So that's it. Don't think that I've had my swan song as Bird on your blog ( and others. . . TB, APE, etc, etc, etc). I'll be back to roost.
m
And sorry for the horrible bird puns. I can't help myself.

Ahh...so now we know. The curious social network of bay area photogs gets more complex...
m
Check out the work Michael Keeney and Jasmine Law create together as Keeney + Law HERE.

Visit their blog and read the familiar voice of Bird HERE.

No comments: