Sunday, July 6, 2008

Ansel Adams, wtf?

















Last Wednesday I'm staring at El Capitan from Glacier Point in Yosemite as the setting sun changes the color of the rock surface: its golden, now its pink, the shadows slide along it with the pace of a solar eclipse. The atmosphere above is blue in a perfect gradation. It appears lunar, metaphorical and just simply profound...it has all the qualities in it...I don't even need to interpret it. My camera is around my neck, a junky digital creation that will be out of date in a year. I don't even look thru the camera. I simply push the button in the general direction of the rock. I didn't really do a thing, I just was a witness.
m
The following two days are just about picturemaking: driving, no cell phones, no blogging, no email, but its a job, so the pace is still frantic. A nice frantic.
m


2 comments:

James-H said...

I'm starved for the color version of these shots.

Timothy Archibald said...

Ha, you aren't missing anything James. Yosemite in color just looks like...oh....Yosemite in color. Thanks for reaching out---