Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Alice In Wonderland


m
Larry, Terisa and Scott at home in Seattle, Washington for the polyamory story "Only You. And You. And You." written by Jessica Bennet for Newsweek. I really remember loving this story when we shot it a few months back. It was about a romantic triad and I really wanted to make sure it wasn't reduced to a punch line...I wanted to give it the dignity I thought it deserved, possibly leading to a Nobel prize nomination. Humanitarian of the Year? Those were my lofty goals.
m
But other times, like today, you just hope that the camera is focused.

m



4 comments:

Rebecca Horne said...

As a person who can't seem to abide even one partner in a relationship, this kind of thing inspires wonder. Are they planning kids? I'm picturing the two different strains of sperm struggling in death battle for the egg.

Anonymous said...

While discussing the issue of polyamory in a Palo Alto coffee shop a customer at the counter turned, raised her hand, and said 'that's me'. She proceeded to sit down and submit to one hour of no-holds-barred questions. Only upon reflection did it occur to those assembled that she had 'issues' and will continue to have them. Press attention may well be a signal of a pathology rather than a new paradigm.

Kim said...

I like this image, it brings many calming thoughts to me.

Kim said...

I like this image, it brings many calming thoughts to me.