Tuesday, December 6, 2011

One Last Letter To The Editor.

And then this came in on Thanksgiving, of all days:

Hello Mr. Archibald,

My name is Jacqueline, I'm 17. Just like your son, I am autistic. I was diagnosed as moderate to severe when I was around three years old. I just wanted to say that I am touched by the National Geographic photograph of your child in the living room, it was truly astonishing. And the curtains was a nice touch.


You have truly crossed a threshold that people have been trying to cross for many years now. This is exactly how we see the world. All of us are caught behind this bubble with white and grey fog. Please, if you can, I would like to speak to you more about it. But I understand if you can't, you are quite a busy man.
Sincerely:
Jacqueline


Read other Letters To The Editor HERE.

3 comments:

Kenneth John Odle said...

And that is why it is so important that we create and share art -- so we can see how others see the world.

Unknown said...

I hope you will write back to her :)

Timothy Archibald said...

Oh! We wrote back and forth a bit and then we spoke on the phone. A brilliant young adult who is gonna go great things...and she sees her power already. No question.
TA