Saturday, April 7, 2007

Man in Pig Suit

It always feels good to have an editor choose one of your most odd-ball images to illustrate their story. You just never know how someone is going to respond to something. I think I can predict it...but never really can. This shot of a man in a pig suit seemed like a totally dada-ist effort when we shot it back in October for the series "The Last Mascot". Character actor Alan Dale showed up at the shoot, cup of warm tea in hand, and jumped into the pig suit like he had done it a thousand times. And then...he just stared back at me with all of this disturbed dignity...all I had to do was push the button.

I can't explain how thrilled I was when Amelia Hennighausen, super perceptive photo editor at Discover, approached me about using this and 6 other images in a feature about the growth stages of the brain back in December. Just got the issue today and had to share.

No comments: